TeenStreetMalaysia

Saturday, December 15, 2007

TS Malaysia Infects Teens for Jesus

Mantin, Malaysia,December 14, 2007 - TeenStreet Malaysia 2007 entitled CONTAGIOUS ran from December 8 -13 at Kolej Tuanku Jaafar. Over 340 persons attended TeenStreet Contagious from New Zealand, USA, Philippines, Brunei, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Sweden. Participants comprised 219 teens, 30 service team, 38 coaches, 5 Ministry & Management Leaders, about 45 staff members and 10 worship band members.

Six fun-filled learning days on how to be contagious and infect their sphere kept participants rivetted through the program leaders – Yong Foo Seng (Malaysia), Chris and Mel Kleinloh (Germany), Denise (New Zealand) and Dan & Suzie Potter (USA). The TeenStreet Band 1 A.M. encouraged the teens to be SOLD OUT for Jesus with their original composition. Experiencing God through the Throne Room, Workshops (Interact 1.0 & 2.0), Sports, TNT. Race, TNT. Pray, Interaction Zone and Shh… time. Teens had the opportunities to be creative in their worship through writing their prayer requsts at the Prayer Net and clipping their prayer requests on the clothes line, writing down the blockages they have in their relationship with God on the Hindrance Wall and being quiet at the Prayer Tent.

This year’s TNT.Race raised over RM24,000 towards OM’s work with people living with HIV/AIDS. A teen raised money through selling hand-made Christmas cards, others baked cookies, whilst others did chores to raise the funds for people suffering from HIV/AIDS.
“This year’s TNT race (btw TNT means Teens Need Teens) was real fun. It was raining heavily but praise God we all still ran the race. My coach playfully pour a whole bucket of water on me after a teamwork game called balloon frenzy. She was just so much fun to be with. and guess what, my team won the tnt race. Haha.. it was just somehow very funny and unexpected.hehe.. “ – Leanne, Malaysia

TnT Pray helped teens pray for the unreached people groups all over the world and experience a bit of spiritual hunger and physical poverty when they were served with yoghurt, grains of rice and onions after skipping lunch. “Whoopee! We had to use unconventional ways to pray for teens suffering around the world. Well guess what. The organisers decided to make us suffer like those other teens. We had to go from station to station praying for different things. Through each station, we got bound up with masking tape. Val/Dawn and Kim/Amelia were bound up at the wrists, and Grandma aka COACH was bound up 2 hands together. But whoopee, guess what. Lauren and I were bound up at the ankles. And nothing hurt as much as walking around stuck to someone else at the ankles for the entire day. I got extremely twisted and cut up that my ankle was really red after that.” – Hannah Khaw, Malaysia

“Not knowing God is like swimming against the tide. My parents stopped having wild fights. I have direction. I know where I am going my family and I have PEACE with Jesus, “ shares a teen in prayer time.

“I also was glad that I was able to write out my difficulties on a the Hindrance Wall. After writing it I felt relieved. That a burden was lifted. Thank you for praying.” – An Anonymous Teen

“Thx for teaching me wat praise n worship really meant.... only in teenstreet that i began 2 felt the strong presence of God with me.... well keep up the good work for God... n i have made my decision 2 b sold out for God.” - Jerald

Joycelin, a teen shared at TeenStreet her heartfelt cry to God about wanting to be Contagious through a song she wrote in May 2007

Contagious
Verse 1:
All the while i thought it was hard to,live a life which is pleasing to God,
but after feeling God's love i felt peace
Doing more than just to receive
I felt the urgency to reach out
To those who needed everlasting love
I wanna change i wanna transform lives
Let those be blessed by God's embrace

Pre-Chorus:I'm taking this calling
Completing God's mission for me
Gonna spread this love
As contagious it should be

Chorus:
I'll step out from my comfort zone
I'll lay my life down at your feet
Returning the love you have shown
You are the one i'll give away
You are the reason my faith will never sway
I'll take up my cross never goastray
To be a part of your great will i pray

Verse 2:
Now I know that you are true to me
Your Love has made me very different
Show your great love for the world to see
Tell everyone you are concerned

TeenStreet Malaysia 2007 Contagious ended with Teens making a commitment to CARE, DELIGHT in God, BEING REAL, DEVELOP VISION, FIGHT OPPOSITION AND INFECTING THEIR SPHERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home